Peterson's® Scholarships, Grants & Prizes 2019 provides up-to-date information on more than 1.6 million privately funded awards worth over 10 billion dollars available to college students. It contains detailed profiles of awards based on academic fields and career goals, ethnic heritage, talent, employment experience, military service, and other categories that are available from private sources such as foundations, corporations, and religious and civic organizations. Approximately 3,500 profiles include information on award amounts, eligibility requirements, application deadlines, contact information, and more. Also included are easy-to-use indexes that allow students to search for awards by criteria like academic fields/career goals, sponsoring organizations, employment/volunteer experience, military service, nationality or ethnic heritage, corporate or religious affiliation, talent/interest area, and location of study. This valuable resource also provides informative articles with tips on how to win a scholarship with a winning essay, guidance on getting in the minority scholarship mix, ways to use social media to help pay for college, strategies for searching for and finding awards, and more.
Paying for College by Princeton Review Staff; Kalman Chany
Publication Date: 2019-09-24
Financing a college education is a daunting task no matter what your circumstances. With line-by-line instructions for filling out the FAFSA and consumer-friendly advice to minimize college costs, Paying for College helps you take control of your experience and:
• Learn how the new tax law affects financing your college education
• Maximize your financial aid eligibility
• Explore long- and short-term strategies to reduce college costs and avoid expensive mistakes
• Complete every question on the FAFSA and CSS Profile forms to your best advantage
• Compare aid offers and learn how to appeal them if necessary
• Plan strategically as a separated/divorced parent, blended family, or independent student
1) Click on Advanced Search. Scroll down to the LC Subject Heading field, and type in "Scholarships." Run the search.
2) Click on Advanced Search again. Scroll down to the LC Subject Heading field, and type in "Student Aid". Run the search (there will be some overlap with the previous search).